The Law Society of Tasmania has determined the following visitor access policy, which will also be displayed on signage at the front of its premises.
As from 15 December 2021
- All visitors to Society premises (Hobart, Launceston) must show upon entry, evidence of vaccination status*, unless you hold an exemption status**.Whilst you are not legally required to produce vaccination or other evidence, the Society may refuse entry to you if you do not produce your vaccination evidence.
- All visitors must also be masked before entry and for the duration of their visit, regardless of vaccination exemption status***.
- It is anticipated that our mask policy will remain in place at least until vaccinations have rolled out to our younger generations and the situation post borders reopening is clearer with respect to COVID-19 in the Tasmanian community.
- All visitors to the premises must check in using one of the following methods:
- use the Check In Tas app on your smart phone and access the QR code as you enter the premises. The QR code is also located on posters in several visible locations within the premises; or
- write your contact details on the sign-in sheet located at reception.The Check In Tas app is available for free download from the App Store or the Google Play Store. Information about the Check In Tas app can be found on the Tasmanian Government website here.
- Please do not enter the Society’s premises if you have COVID-19 like symptoms, such as a cold or the flu.
- To arrange a virtual meeting with Society staff or committees, please contact email@example.com or telephone (03) 6234 4133.
- Visitors to the Society premises are also asked to adhere to physical distancing requirements and follow any other related instructions that are made available on the premises.
*Vaccination evidence to be produced on entry:
- an online immunisation history statement; or
- a COVID-19 digital certificate from the Australian Immunisation Register; or
- vaccination information displayed via your Check In Tas app (you can add your COVID-19 digital certificate by following the prompts of the app).
**Exemptions to providing vaccination evidence upon entry:
- Rapid entry visitors such as DX and other couriers (masks still required)
- Emergency services (masks still required).
- Persons under the age of 13 – evidence of name and address required, unless they hold a Check In Tas app and have checked in (masks still required)
- Medical exemptions (masks still required***) – please produce in advance of a scheduled visit (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at the time of your visit:
- a medical contraindication certificate, or
- a medical clearance form.
***Mask exemptions for medical reasons:
- Please contact the Society at email@example.com for further information in advance of your visit.
Law Society Staff – COVID-19
All Law Society of Tasmania staff are fully vaccinated. Staff assisting or engaging directly with visitors will also wear masks.