CPD Assist Scheme 2023-2024 Financial Year
CLC and Volunteer PC Holders, and Pupil Barristers
This Scheme is valid from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2024.
Checklist before requesting/querying a CPD activity under this Scheme:
- Have I reached my capacity under the scheme, of a total of 5 free CPD hours?
- Is the CPD activity I am requesting a Society product or an Early Career Lawyer product (and have I checked the CPD activity prefix)?
- Can I book the CPD activity myself using the relevant discount code? And have I requested the requisite code?
- Have I indicated whether I will be attending in-person or livestreamed (where relevant)?
- Have I provided my first name, last name and my member email address (as supplied to the Society)?
- Note that for any given event, discount codes provided by the Society are only applicable to (and at check-out will only work against) the listed standard member registration fee.
1. This CPD Assist Scheme is only available to holders of current CLC and Volunteer practising certificates; and to pupil barristers in their first year of pupillage.
2. Take advantage of up to a total of 5 free hours of Law Society of Tasmania (the Society) Standard CPD Activities. Standard CPD Activities, for the purpose of this scheme, are CPD activities offered by the Society that run for 1 hour or less and may include seminars or recordings. Please check the caps attached to recordings under rule 3.3(b) in Practice Guideline no. 4 (HERE).
3. Early Career Lawyer Committee CPD activities, including CPD events and associated recordings, are not included in this CPD Assist Scheme, and the listed registration fees and recording prices are payable.
4. Fees: CPD activities over 1 hour will attract registration fees, however, these are discounted, as follows (subject to the terms and conditions of the event):
a) CPD activities from 1-4 hours are offered at 50% off the listed standard member registration fee; and
b) CPD activities such as one-day (or more) conferences are offered at 60% off the listed standard member registration fee.
This does not preclude the Society charging alternative registration fees for CPD activities, at its discretion.
Please enquire with the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org about the cost of the specific CPD activity that you are interested in.
5. How to register and format: To redeem a free or discounted registration, or a recording, please email email@example.com. If the session offers in-person and livestreamed, please specify which format you would like to register for.
6. Placement not guaranteed: CPD Assist registrations cannot be guaranteed until registrations have closed. Full paying Society members receive priority placement. You should however otherwise presume your placement is successful unless you hear otherwise. You will be contacted by the Society only if the CPD activity you have registered for sells out and your placement is unsuccessful. This will usually occur up to 24 hours prior to the CPD activity.
7. How to guarantee a placement: If certainty of a placement is paramount, you will need to purchase a standard registration using the Society’s event booking platform.
8. Cancellation of registration: Due to the presumption of placement, please advise the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you are unable to attend the CPD activity. This is essential for planning and administration as there may be other legal practitioners on the CPD Assist waitlist.