A practitioner may be nominated for the Early Career Lawyer’s Award, provided one or more of the following criteria is satisfied – the nominee:
- has made an outstanding contribution to the Tasmanian legal profession during the first five years of practice, or
- is an outstanding example to the legal profession.
- The award is to be judged by the current and two previous Presidents of the Law Society of Tasmania, and a representative nominated by the Early Career Lawyers’ Committee.
- Nominations are to be made by 20 December each year, and are treated in confidence.
- The award will be conferred at the dinner to mark the Opening of the Legal Year.
Nature of the Award
- A perpetual trophy presented to the winner;
- A cheque in the amount of $500 for reimbursement of costs for attending professional development events over the following year; and
- Two complimentary tickets to the Opening of the Legal Year Dinner.
*The Early Career Lawyer Award was previously referred to as the Young Lawyer’s Award.