A practitioner may be nominated for the President’s award, provided one or more of the following criteria is satisfied – the nominee:
- has made an outstanding contribution to the Tasmanian legal profession; and/or
- is an outstanding example to the legal profession.
- The award is to be judged by the current and two previous Presidents of the Law Society of Tasmania.
- Nominations are to be made by 20 December each year, and are treated in confidence.
- The award will be conferred at the dinner to mark the Opening of the Legal Year.
Nature of the Award
- A framed certificate for presentation to the winner;
- A voucher to the value of $500 for redemption at a legal publisher;
- A cheque in the amount of $500; and
- Two complimentary tickets to the Opening of the Legal Year Dinner.