Council has sixteen (16) members which must include:
- Five Northern practitioners
- Three North-Western practitioners
- Eight Southern practitioners
Office bearers are: President, Vice President, Treasurer and members of the Executive Committee. Council elections Council members are elected by a vote of the entire regional membership and do not represent any particular category.
- Elections for council are held each year in October.
- Members are elected for a two-year term.
- The Vice-President usually becomes President unless he or she does not wish to take up the position or the Council determines otherwise.
The President and the Vice President are elected after the annual general meeting. Elections for the Treasurer and other Executive members are held at a council meeting following the annual general meeting. These are all a one-year term commencing October.
* signifies member of the Executive