Notification about the 2023 Law Society of Tasmania Southern Regional AGM have now been distributed.
The AGM is at 4pm on Wednesday 4 October 2023 at 28 Murray Street Hobart.
Southern AGM Notice and Nomination Form 2023 (see here)
Process for the call for nominations of candidates for election to Council:
1. Nominations are hereby called to fill any vacancies for two-year terms on the Council. The number of vacancies will depend on member retirements and/or those members eligible or re-election if nominated.
2. Nominations in writing must be received at the Society by the notified time and date.
3. Candidates must be nominated and seconded by a full member and must consent to the nomination.
4. No proxies will be permitted.
5. In the event that more nominations are received than places available voting papers will be forwarded to all voting members.
6. Voting closes by a notified time and date.
7. Votes are opened and counted at the Regional Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Nominees can provide a short resume of their background and experience. The resume will accompany the voting papers.