Barrister Practising Certificate Conditions
The holder of this certificate must practise solely as a barrister at the bar.
- The holder of this certificate is required to undertake continuing professional development in accordance with the requirements of the Law Society of Tasmania’s Practice Guideline no.4 on continuing professional development.
- The holder of this certificate must hold professional indemnity insurance that complies with the Legal Profession Act 2007
- The certificate will cease to be of any effect if the holder fails to pay any payment due for professional indemnity insurance by the date due for payment.
- The holder of this certificate will notify the Society within 14 days of any change of practice address or change of residential address.
- Unless the holder of this certificate has completed the Law Society of Tasmania Sexual Harassment, Changing Workplace Culture workshop, the holder is to complete the workshop by 30 April 2024.