CLC Practising Certificate Conditions
The holder of this certificate is to act only for clients of a Community Legal Centre (CLC).
- The holder of this certificate must have professional indemnity insurance pursuant to a policy approved by the Society.
- The holder of this certificate is not to receive or hold any money of any client.
- The holder of this certificate is not to recover costs for the Community Legal Centre from any client or from any adverse party other than disbursements, professional fees or charges necessary for the successful carriage of the work of the client. Any disbursements, professional fees or charges so received shall immediately be paid to the credit of the Community Legal Centre.
- The holder of this certificate is required to undertake continuing professional development in accordance with the requirements of the Law Society of Tasmania’s Practice Guideline no.4 on continuing professional development.
- The holder of this certificate will notify the Society within 14 days of any cessation of employment or change of employer.
- Unless the holder of this certificate has completed the Law Society of Tasmania Sexual Harassment, Changing Workplace Culture workshop, the holder is to complete the workshop by 30 April 2024.