You are invited to attend the Australasian College of Legal Medicine’s
2023 Annual Scientific Meeting & Awards Dinner
Conference Speakers and Program: see here
When: 25 & 26 March 2023
Flexible attendance options:
Hybrid event – Hobart & Online. The conference program will be both live-streamed and recorded for later viewing to cater for different time zones.
Live Attendees – $550 ACLM members – members price extended to The Law Society of Tasmania members!
Virtual Attendees – $500 ACLM members – members price extended to The Law Society of Tasmania members!
- The Law Society of Tasmania
- University of Tasmania – Faculty of Law
- The Medico-Legal Society of Victoria Inc.
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW Inc.
SOME PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Opening Address – Her Excellency the Honourable Barbara Baker AC, the Governor of Tasmania
- Traps in Governance of Specialist Institutions – Walter Sofronoff KC, Commissioner of Inquiry into Forensic DNA Testing in Queensland
- The National Law: It’s not getting easier – Brad Wright, Barrister
- Creep of Scope Dilemma – Dr Eli Avila, President American ACLM
- Regulating the Individual Practitioner: Building resilience to combat vicarious trauma – Dr Adam Griffin, Director QLD Clinical Forensic Medicine Unit
- The Role of Health Care Providers in the Opioid Crisis – Joe Piorkowski, Defense Attorney (American ACLM Guest)
- Mental Health and Trauma in the Law – David Cocker, Solicitor, Blumers Tasmania
- Pandemic-related Situational & Vicarious Trauma in Medical and Legal Education – Dr Liz Valencia, Enterprise Associate Dean DEI, Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine (American ACLM Guest)
- Plus many more!!