Lockdown in Southern Tasmania
The Tasmanian Government has confirmed that legal services that cannot be provided electronically are a permitted service and may remain open during the current lockdown period. However, all premises that continue to operate must:
- Have a COVID-19 Safety Plan;
- Comply with density restrictions (where applicable);
- Comply with Check-in-Tas requirements (where applicable);
- Ensure all staff and clients wear face masks (where applicable);
- Take reasonable steps to ensure those entering the business are minimising their time in the business;
- Ensure physical distancing of staff and clients;
- Ensure sufficient separation of people when entering or exiting the premises; and
- Ensure sufficient separation of people while in the foyer, lobby or other area designed for waiting.
Any lawyer with a client appearing on Monday, 18 October 2021 should contact the court’s email address: email@example.com as soon as possible. The building will be shut to the public so all appearances will be by telephone.
If lawyers could advise the Court the following as soon as possible, it would be appreciated:
- Name of client
- Complaint number/s
- Phone number the court will contact them on
- Lawyer’s name and contact number
Please also advise that the Court will call people from a private number so should be ready to take a call.