Read the Tips, Cheat Sheet and Checklist before getting started.
See the 2022-2023 Fee Guide – the fee for associate membership is $132; for government associate membership (state and federal employees) is $99; and student associate membership is $27.50. Towards the end of the application process you will be asked to pay by credit card.
- Ideally complete your form in one sitting and stay in your browser tab whilst completing your form. Do not refresh your browser.
- So you don’t lose your work, use ‘previous’ and ‘next’ in the form rather than ‘back’ and ‘forward’ in your internet browser.
- Links in the form are safe to click on as they will open a separate tab.
- If necessary, Save and Resume during your application process.
- For technical issues, contact us Monday – Friday between 9am-5pm on (03) 6234 4133 or at email@example.com.
- Important declaration: A declaration is required to be read and acknowledged by you prior to submitting your application form. The submission of this application form by you is treated as your signature equivalent.
Checklist – as applicable, have the following items handy before you start.
- Law Library Levy: You may be asked if you would like access to the Tasmanian Law Library resources. See the Fee Guide. The library has extensive hard copy and online materials and can assist you to identify and locate primary and secondary legal resources. Subscription also entitles you to Thompson Reuters desktop library services. For more information see Law Library Services and Resources.
- Student Identity Card: If you are a student, upload a jpeg (use this format only) of your current valid Student Identity Card.