The Annual General Meeting of the Southern Regional Committee of the Law Society of Tasmania will be held as follows:
Date: Wednesday, 5 October 2022
Place: 28 Murray Street, Hobart
The Business of the Meeting will be:
- Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting
- Election of councillors-elect
- Any other business properly brought forward
Call for Nominations of Candidates for Election to Council:
- Nominations are hereby called to fill four vacancies for two-year terms on the Council [Mr Ian Arendt, Ms Carey Higgins, Mr Trevor McKenna and Ms Alison Wells retire and are eligible for re-election if nominated].
- Nominations in writing must be received at the Law Society by 5pm on Friday, 2 September
- Candidates must be nominated and seconded by a full member and must consent to the nomination
- No proxies will be permitted
- In the event that more nominations are received than places available voting papers will be forwarded to all voting members on or about Monday, 5 September 2022
- Voting will close at the Law Society’s office, 28 Murray Street, Hobart at 5pm, Monday, 3 October 2022.
- Votes will be opened and counted at the Southern Regional Annual General Meeting to be held at 4pm on Wednesday, 5 October 2022.
|Nominees can provide a short resume of their background and experience. The resume will accompany the voting papers.
Luke Rheinberger Secretary
25 August 2022