Tasmania Legal Aid (TLA) is running an important state-wide project on producing information for people involved in the child protection system, and those helping them. There is a document here with more information on the project.
We are contacting you because the Law Society and its members are important stakeholders in the child protection system. Member’s views will guide TLA in producing resources for Tasmanians involved in the child protection system that are simple, accessible, and easy to understand.
TLA would appreciate feedback about what would be useful to these groups.
Would representatives from the Law Society Family Law Committee be prepared to meet with us for about 30 minutes to discuss the following questions?
- Please identify and name one or more groups you work with involved with the child protection system. (e.g. parents of children, other family members, teachers).
- Why would information on the child protection system be important to this group?
- Can you identify any gaps in knowledge this group has about the child protection system?
- What questions does this group ask about the child protection system?
- Where does this group currently get information and resources from about the child protection system?
- Is the information helpful and useful to them?
- How should information on the child protection system be made accessible to this group? (e.g. on a website, brochure, video, app)
We are available to meet with you and members of your group over the phone, or via video link.
We also ask if you would be prepared to distribute our survey to your members in the Law Society Newsletter.
The survey can be accessed via the following link:
The survey will be open until the 1st September.